My MJ

1.12.04

It Was a Good, Long Day

The previous post is the song lyrics to Ice Cube's "It Was A Good Day", one of my favorite rap songs...I can actually rap along with this one, cuz Cube has a slow, deliberate cadence.



For me today has been very long, but very good. Here's the rundown:

4am - woke up and walked dogs, prepped for work, took vitamins, ate breakfast, clean up dog and rabbit crap; then watched the news, went on the internet, and took a nap

8am - gave Jo her shots, thank God they were only sub-cutaneous and not intra-muscular. Those intra-muscular needles are long as a dong!

8:30am - left a message for our Staffing Coordinator at Seneca to thank her for putting me on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and night, New Year's Eve and night. I really need the double-time.

9am - high-tailed it to work and put away yesterday's teaching supplies in our storage bin, went to the office and picked up my co-worker, loaded up the truck with 16 smelly-ass fish and crabs, and scooted to San Pablo to teach for the day.

10am - 2pm - taught 4th graders about fish and crab, played the food chain game, watched our video, and had fun! Also had lunch at this burger joint in Richmond that looked like a hole in a wall. Had the best cheeseburger I've had in a long time!

2pm - finally got my teacher's contract which I've been asking for each time I came to teach! Kristina got me an ice cream pop and high-tailed it back to the office.

3pm - discovered three of my other teachers' contracts on my desk (fuck yeah!); my boss praised Jo's websites and is looking to hire her to do our website. Had to bust a move to San Ramon to conduct an orientation meeting.

3:45pm - was late for the meeting, but got a hold of the teacher to inform her; the meeting was cool, and the teachers were excited. The school makes every other school I've ever seen look like a ghetto. This was one rich-ass neighborhood.

4:30 - Jo leaves me a message on my cell that someone finally contacted us and is very interested in us. I start singing in the car.

5:30pm - I get home and find Liverpool playing Arsenal on TV, two of my favorite English Premier League Futbol clubs. And to top it off, Liverpool wins in the 92nd minute with a last-second goal by Mellar.

6pm - walk Belly and she's doing well with her training; I'm working on her heel.

7pm - get a call from a teacher who I've been trying to contact for months! We finally get our signals on the same line. This is a big load off my work shoulders.

7:30pm - get another call from a Special Ed Teacher who is very thankful to me for giving her class a discount and accomodating her students. Her kids consist of an autistic student, and blind student, a deaf student, two wheelcahir-bound students, and a couple of SED kids. It's gonna be a challenge, but I'm up for it.

8pm - get another call from my co-worker, and we set up our teaching schedule tomorrow, she gives me info I've been waiting on for a while, and I debrief her on my meeting.

8:15pm - remembered Lost was on ABC and watched a really good episode. Alias is dog crap compared to this show. The cliffhangers they have every week are awesome. This one was no exception.

9pm - more shots for the wifey! 5 shots in total. I dunno how she does it. She's half woman - half amazing.

10pm - bloggin' and I finally got my 250 MB from Hotmail. Every last person I know received their storage update sometime in November, but those assholes at MSN decided to make me sweat it until December. Fuck you, Bill Gates.

So that was my day. No gats or drive-bys like my bruddah, Ice Cube. No booty calls, no social life (I'm working all the holidays), and no jackers in sight. "And, today, I didn't even have to use my A.K." But nonetheless, a very good day. Now, I'm gonna get 1-2 hours sleep, and work on my reports all night into tomorrow morning. No rest for the weary.

Sexiness Love of my life MJ's Website My Kiki Interact