My MJ

19.10.04

Kennifer's wedding

Kennifer is comprised of Jenn Boquiren and Ken Soto. Or I should say Mr. and Mrs. Ken and Jenn Soto. Last Saturday, they got married in a beautiful church wedding in Sacramento CA.

Our wedding weekend started on Friday afternoon. I was teaching a class in Oakland up until 3pm, and only got home at 3:45pm. Jo and I ended up leaving for Sac at 4:15pm, and we were supposed to be there at 5:45pm for the rehearsal at the church. It would have taken a miracle to get there on time. Once we hit the 80 freeway in Emeryville, we were shit out of luck. Traffic was stop and go all the way to Sac, and we ended up getting there at 7:15pm, a good hour-and-a-half after we were supposed to arrive. An ominous beginning, but we were still able to practice our respective duties.

I was a secondary chord sponsor (along with Arlene E.), and Jo was a bridesmaid. Incidentally, Sac is as far in the cuts as Buttfuck, Egypt. The freeways are confusing as hell, and the farm roads are long as a dong. The restaurant was only two blocks and one right turn away, but we still traveled what seemed like 10 miles. Those are long-ass blocks! We had dinner at a chinese restaurant in the middle of one long block of asian strip mall stores and grocery stores. It was like Chinatown in the middle of Fresno, CA. Surreal, grasshopper.

We stayed two nights at the Marriot Courtyard, which was equidistant to both the Church and the downtown Hyatt which was where the reception was. It was nice to have a weekend away from the dogs, and cleaning the house. My pops took care of the pups and the rabbit. He called me on Saturday morning, and I walked him through the entire routine. It nearly took an hour to get it all done.

The wedding rolls around at 12pm, and it literally starts at 11:58am. In a filipino wedding where many of the guests are people of color, there were a lot of late arrivees. But at least, they made it to the ceremony, because the reception was still 5 hours away. Many guests just went to the reception and ditched the ceremony. Too bad, it was a beautiful ceremony. The most touching moment was when Jenn and Ken visited a picture of Jenn's father, who passed away a couple of years ago.

Jimmy took some really nice pictures, and so did Arlene. Here are their links:

Jimmy's wedding pics

Arlene's wedding pics

The reception was really fun. I can honestly say that I had the most fun at this wedding than I've had at any other wedding. Maybe it was the 7 and 7, SNPA's, and other shots that I took throughout the night, but I also had a great time with my baby. We got our freak on, and also rocked back and forth while Kai serenaded Kennifer. Very sweet, indeed. And we saw a lot of our good ole' friends. Alvin, Betty, Jenny, Charlene and her hubby, and the rest of the guys were hamming it up.

Sexiness Love of my life MJ's Website My Kiki Interact