My MJ

1.12.04

Birth and Death

I had a pretty eerie day. One of my co-workers and I taught at a school in San Pablo, and it was her birthday. Later on in the day, Jo told me that our sister-in-law, Arlene, was also having her birthday today. When I got home from work, they had some crap-ass NBC Christmas special from Rockefeller Plaza, and Gay...I mean Clay Aiken was singing. It was his birthday, too!

On the flipside, Arlene told us that Josie and Riz De Ala's grandson (they were one of our wedding primary sponsors) had just died. He was two months old and recovering from a horrible birth defect where his organs were outside of his body at birth. Also, my boss from Seneca (the group home) called me and informed me that one of our Therapists that treats the kids just committed suicide two day ago. The managers all decided to fully enclose her death to the kids, but I'm sure they won't say how she died (or maybe they will if too many of the kids probe about it). She jumped off the Richmond/San Rafael bridge, which if you don't know, is pretty high up from the surface of the water. The irony lies on so many planes, including the fact that a Therapist, someone who is professionally trained to treat people, could not treat herself from her demons. Many of our kids are suicidal, themselves, and I have NO idea how this will affect them. Apparently, many people knew of her depression and problems, and tried to help her, but it wasn't enough. I just hope that she has found some measure of peace, and her family will eventually understand and cope with her decision.

However fucked up your life may be, it's never worth it to end your life. I truly believe that there will be dire consequences in the after-life for those who take their lives. I ain't gonna quote scripture or deliver the Catholic's church official stance on it, because as far as I'm concerned, the Catholic's unofficial stance on most things have been demonic, even to condone shit like the sexual abuse of minors.
I just know that ending one's life intentionally will not find a person peace, it will just end the pain temporarily.

Sexiness Love of my life MJ's Website My Kiki Interact