My MJ

4.8.04

The curse continues...

The Boston Red Sox curse continues....Nomar Garciaparra just got traded to the Cubs for who? Doug Mentkiewicz and Orlando Cabrera. Two no-hitting, no-power, wannabe starters with gold gloves. Yes, they instantly iprove their defense, but at the expense of trading their most popular player in the past decade? Nomar (pronounced No-mah) was the stalwart of the Red Sox infield and the emotional captain of the team. He was the Derek Jeter of the Red Sox. But he could actually hit. He won two batting titles, his defense was adequate, but his value in the clubhouse was immeasurable. His value to the fans was even more so. He ran out infield hits, he played hard in the field, and his idiosyncratic routine that he performed everytime he stepped out of the batter's box was unique and endearing. I think Red Sox management are actual closet Yankee fans that just love sado-masichistic behavior.

I'm not complaining, though. My beloved A's are in first place, anad yesterday, they just trounced those damn Yankees. Why go on and on about the Red Sox, then? I guess I'm just a Yankee Hater at heart and any immortal enemy of the Yankees is a friend of mine. Unless the Red Sox and A's duke it out for the wild card; then you know where my allegiance lies.

Sexiness Love of my life MJ's Website My Kiki Interact