My MJ

24.6.04

Went on a hike with one of my dogs yesterday. Gilbey had a great time running around and chsing western fence lizards. For a Jindo, he's a crap hunter, though. Most of the people who have Jindos say how adept they are at catching animals. Gilbey is 3 and a half years old and we've had him for 3 years, and he has yet to catch anything. I'm not complaining though. A biker was coming up behind us quietly on the trail, and I heard him shift his gears. But of course, Gilbey got startled when he came up beside us. What a dork. I think I'll enter him into a dog show contest that's happeninf on July 4th. I used to run that contest, and every year, most of the entrants would enter the same category - cutest dog. Everybody thinks their dog is the cutest, but mine is literally the cutest dog I've ever seen. Many people comment on how good-looking he is. I guess he takes after me (ha!).

Anyways, I took a pretty remote trail in a park predominated by Redwoods and oak/bay woodland habitat. Much of it was overgrown, dusty, steep, and secluded, so it felt good going for a romp. Although I woke up this morning with my right leg feeling like a stump. Shit, I'm getting old. I'll be 29 in September. I also practiced verbal commands with Gilbey, which he responded to well. He didn't even rub his neck on any horse or cow shit along the way, and there were at least 5-6 pies along the way. All I had to do was say off or stay, as I approached him on my extend-a-leash, and lead him past the shitpile. A horsebackrider passed us along the way and I had Gilbey sit. I had to forcibly seat him though, and he still got antsy as the horse passed by. I couldn't help but recall an incident a couple of years ago, when I let him off leash in a secluded area in the hills, thinking that no one was around. Suddenly a bull, yes, a friggin' bull came out of nowhere. Gilbey ran up to it, faced it, and started to paw at the ground and kick up dust, as if HE was the friggin' bull! What a little shithead. The bull would have none of this, so he charged at Gilbey with his horns, once to the left and another to the right, and like a Spanish matador witha red cape, Gilbey swiftfully evaded him. Then, the bull charged off, and Gilbey followed it victoriously, prancing along as if he had just slayed a dragon. It was funny as hell, and I know he was just protecting me, but now I am very wary of taking him off leash.

Sexiness Love of my life MJ's Website My Kiki Interact