My MJ

25.3.04

Jo's been working really hard on my blogs. She really has an eye for design and website development. I'm really proud of her for all that she's accomplished. And yes, Jo set up my whole blog. She thinks I am the sexiest man alive, and I would agree. Love you babe!

I picked the music from powerweb. Pretty good reflection of the type of music I like. Too bad it pops up all of these ads. My "It's like this" blog has 311's Amber. I've liked 311 for a long time. I really don't like the current pop music they've been pumping out, like the cover they did on the Cure song. They sold out big time, and their songs have become too mellow and much like something you would hear on VH1 (although, VH1 has been popping out videos like Jay-Z, Beyonce, and last week I saw Lil' Jon on there!). Like Dave Chappelle said, "White people are gonna be surprised to hear what 'skeet, skeet' means". Yeah! What? Back to 311. They're a white boy band from Omaha, Nebraska (311 is the area code there), and back in the late 90's pumped out some really funky, hard, progressive shit. They even have a melodious singer and a irritating little-boy sounding rapper. Quite versatile. My favorite album of theirs is still Grassroots, but I also have a great affinity for their self-titled album. Jo gave me this album early on in our relationship, and I thought it was one of the sweetest things that she's done for me. We were at the San Leandro Marina and it was bout the time that "Down" was getting a lot of airplay on the radio. I mentioned to her a couple of times that I loved that song, and poof, she pops out the CD for me. It was very sweet.

The song on my diet and exercise blog is by a band that I don't really listen to, but this one song gets me incredibly hyped. It's melodious and hard at the same time, delivers a sense of mystery in its lyrics, and has one of the best drum and bass rifts I've ever heard on a mainstream song. The band is System of a Down, and their song is called "Chop Suey". Or maybe it's "Toxicity", I'm not sure. Either way, it's an ill song. So ill, it needs Theraflu. The band is quite an interesting group. They're a very conscious group, playing for benefits shows and causes, instilling lyrics in some of their songs that calls for social activism, etc. They're a bit like what Rage Against the Machine used to be with Zach De La Rocha, but with lyrics that are more vague and mysterious. I heard them on Loveline one night and they are all Armenian. The lead singer likes to play basketball, but watches no TV. They're a bit into themselves, I think, but who gives a shit. They pump out some good, unique, head-bobbing music.

On my third blog (yes I have three friggin' blogs), I have one of my favorite songs of all time from one of my favorite bands of all time: Santeria by Sublime. You probably already know that Bradley Noel, the lead singer of Sublime died, and the band disbanded. Heroin overdose. This guy was a friggin' musical genius. He could both write songs, play a mean guitar, and sing like a motherfucker. But he wasn't singing like a chick, he would sing about beer, and guns, and shit like that, but with a harmonious style not unlike your typical opera singer. And this guy didn't give shit how he looked. With his shirt off, and his gut hanging out, he frothed at the mouth, took a swig of beer, and belted out songs like a mad man. Too bad he's dead, and it's been around 7 years since his death and no one has even come close to his musical stylings. Much like Bob Marley with Reggae music, his death brought a void in the American Music culture that no one will ever fill. Drugs suck.

I'm digging on Kanye West right now. He's got ill flow, conscious lyrics, and good style. I've always liked Taleb Kweli and Mos Def. Mos Def, especially, since he scored with the beautiful and alluring and lets not forget talented Alicia Keyes. Well at least he scored in the video for "You don't know my Name", and I'm not sure if art imitates life in this case. Coldplay is the next coming of the Beatles, Jason M'raz isn't bad, and No Doubt has staying power. When I want to chill I listen to Tori Amos and Damien Rice; old Seal and Duncan Sheik and Sade ain't bad. Oh, and Goo Goo Dolls and Toad the Wet Sprocket ain't bad. Yup, I'm pretty gay.

Sexiness Love of my life MJ's Website My Kiki Interact