My MJ

4.3.05

Today was a good day

Man, I had a great day today. It started off in the morning when I awoke to the sounds of my two favorite people in the world, my wife and my daughter. They were sound asleep, as I tip-toed downstairs to get my day started. I had a pretty early day, so I got up at 6am and started cleaning up. I cleaned the kitchen, washed dishes, washed the bottles, swiffered the floors, vacuumed the carpet downstairs, and tidied up a bit. I like cleaning in the morning so that Jo and Mya can wake up to a relatively clean house. It went pretty fast because I turned on the radio to Alice in the morning, and Kevin Smith was the guest host. He's the acclaimed director of movies such as Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Clerks, etc. and he normally doesn't host shows. But Sarah's partner, No Name, was out on paternity leave, and on a whim, Sarah asked Kevin to co-host the show for threed days while she was interviewing him earlier in the week. Pretty ballsy move on Sarah's part, but Kevin obliged. And I was glad that he did, because he's a funny dude. His humor definitely has an element of trash and shock, but it's also very smart and deliberate.

It was raining pretty hard, so I decided to walk the dogs. Since it's been raining, the backyard is a marsh, and I didn't want them to track in mud into the newly swiffered kitchen floor. I brought my headphones and continued to listen to Alice. There were times were I just laughed out loud to whatever Kevin and Sarah were saying. Also took out the garbage and recycling. I always love doing that because I get a really god feeling once all of the trash and recycling is out of the house. Came back home after 45 minutes of walking and discovered my favorite futbol team, Real Madrid, playing on the dish. All of my favorite players were on, including Beckham, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo, and Michael Owen. Zidane has been out with an injury, and Becks looked like he colored his hair brown. It's still pretty short.
So after a few minutes of watching the match, I leave for the Oakland Hills to teach at this private school. I get stuck in traffic on the 13, so I was glad to listen to Alice. Alanis Morissette called in and Kevin Nealon joined the fray. I remember when Alanis played God in Kevin's Dogma. I was shocked to hear that she was offered the lead part, the one that Linda Fiorentino got. They also talked about her fiance, Ryan Reynolds, of Van Wilder and Blade: Trinity fame. My radio's been broken for a while so I can't turn down the volume or change the channel. I had to exit on Joaquin Miller Rd., turn off the engine (hence the radio), and call the school to tell them I'd be late.

I got to Bentley School about 20 minutes late, but they understood because of the traffic and rain. The school is a pretty haughty-taughty private school with a private gate and a plaque with an insignia on the front entrance. We work with a lot of low-income schools, and a lot of my co-workers frown upon working at these type of schools. Personally, I feel that these kids may be privileged and well-off, but they're all still little kids with impressionable minds. And I'm there to make my impression.

Had lunch down the hill at Viva Taqueria, which is near the Claremont Resort. Sorta saddened to see the workers on strike outside the hotel. I'm very empathetic to blue-collar workers and workers in the service industry. All they ask for is a living wage and decent health benefits. After I was done teaching, the teachers and students thanked me, and tld me how great my program and teaching methods were. I'm always glad when I receive praise - specially from kids. It's so genuine and pure, that it fills my heart and soul. It's the feeling I live and work for. The clouds and rain cleared up, and I was jones-ing on some coffee, so I went to my favorite joynt in Berkeley, Cafe Strada. Their Bianca Mocha is heaven on earth. And at $2.75 a pop, it's much cheaper than a Venti, Non-fat, No-whip, MocchachinoLatte crap from Starfucks. As I look for parking, a spot opens up right across the street on the Berkeley campus. There's never parking here, so I always end up walking a couple of blocks uphill. You know it's your day when a spot opens up, and you narrowly beat some yuppie asshole in their gold lame jeep cherokee to the spot.

Went back to the office, got some work done that I've been procrastinating on, and high tail it home. I recently discovered that my favorite Vietnamese restaurant(Pho Hoa Hiep or Kevin's Noodle House) in Concord has another location in Oakland, so I decide to pick up some dinner there. Found a shortcut from the freeway to the place, so my day's just getting better, and it's already 6pm. I order egg noodles with stuff, and get some bbq chicken for Jo, but my favorite order is an avocado shake. Man, I love that shit.

The end of my day consisted of spending time with my girls, playing with the dogs, eating good vietnames food, sleeping for a couple of hours, and going to work at my other job. Like Ice Cube said, "Today was a good day"

Sexiness Love of my life MJ's Website My Kiki Interact